The Infrared Body Wrap is commonly used for conditions such as inch loss, weight management, pain management, improved skin, and cellulite reduction. InfraRed radiant energy directly penetrate the body’s tissues up to a depth of 2". This relaxing heat therapy is a great treatment for those looking to:
Relieve pain and joint stiffness
Reduce stress and fatigue
Burn 600 - 2500 calories per wrap
Dramatically reduce cellulite
Completely invigorate the body
Detox waste and impurities
Improve your immune system
Increase blood circulation
Strengthen the cardiovascular system
Having a Infrared Body Wrap treatment before a massage prepares the body by creating an overall relaxing effect. It loosens the muscle tissue so the therapist can do a more thorough and effective massage. Infrared therapy is proven to be effective because its "hot rays" exhibit analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic capabilities.
Also known as Far Infrared Ray (FIR) or Heat Therapy
Far Infrared is the 'chi' energy in humans and animals, also emitted from sunlight. The intensity of Far Infrared produced by the human body constantly fluctuates. When its intensity is high, we feel healthy and are able to overcome ailments. When the Far Infrared (FIR) begins to decline, we are subject to disease and illness and tend to age more quickly. We can be exposed to Far Infrared heat for hours and it will never cause our skin to burn. Far Infrared heat is completely healthy and safe for all living things.
What is Far Infrared therapy (FIR) and what does it do:
Far Infrared Ray are waves of energy, totally invisible to the naked eye, capable of penetrating deep into the human body, where they gently elevate the body's surface temperature and activate major bodily functions.
- Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygenation.
- Far Infrared is excellent for detox. Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: Poisons, carcinogenic heavy metals - toxic substances from food processing - lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue - excess sodium associated with hypertension - and uric acid which causes pain. Furthermore, if sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands) rather than by the kidneys.
- Far Infrared stimulates enzyme activity and metabolism - One hour improves metabolism. FIR heat aids in breaking down cellulite - trapped water, fat and waste.
- Far Infrared may induce the killing of varied pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
- Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it increases growth of cells, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems.
- Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax autoneuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated.
- Far Infrared strengthens the Immune System by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
- Far Infrared strengthens the Cardiovascular System by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease - Extensive research by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
Heat Therapy for Pain Relief
In general, all degenerative illness of the acute or chronic inflammation type that support the body's motion system, improve considerably with infrared therapy sessions. The relaxing effects of the infrared heat on muscles relieve these symptoms that are so common in our society. Several studies have shown that four out of five adults will suffer from backache at one point in their lives.
Back Pain: Low level heat therapy is more effective than over-the-counter oral medications for relieving low back pain, according to the results of a nationwide study led by a sports medicine researcher at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Cardiovascular Conditioning: The August 7, 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that regular use of a sauna may impact a similar stress on the cardiovascular system, and its regular use may be as effective, as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories, as regular exercise. Due to the deep penetration of the infrared rays generated by the Far Infrared Sauna, there is a heating effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep-heating effect via a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. This beneficial heart stress leads to a sought-after cardiovascular training and conditioning effect.
Fibromyalgia: FIR body wrap therapy at 140F (60C) for 15 minutes then decreased for the next 30 to 45 minutes. A 50% reduction in pain after the first treatment is usually the result. By the 10th treatment the result is generally a long term reduction in pain. Most sufferers are found to be malnourished, have lowered immune function, have one or more viral, fungal, or bacterial infections (almost always not detectable by orthodox means), and cannot detoxify their heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, aluminum etc. Therefore, FIR Therapy provides a safe, natural form of detoxification which is so very crucial for fibromyalgia patients.
Inflammation: The increased peripheral circulation occurring with FIR body wrap therapy provides the transportation needed to help evacuate the edema, which can help stop inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
Chronic Pain: New clinical research on pain offers evidence to establish a novel class of pain, heat responsive pain or HRP which encompasses several common pain conditions that can be treated with the use of heat therapy. Researchers studying HRP have observed remarkable therapeutic benefits by using continuous low-level heat therapy for treating lower-back, upper-body and menstrual pain, all conditions that fall under the new HRP classification. The deep heat of the FIR sauna helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion.
Skin/Beauty: The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in far infrared sauna unclogs the skin pores and carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing, youthful, baby smooth, soft, immaculately clean and free of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells. Increased circulation and dilation of the body's capillary network draws the skin's own natural nutrients to the surface. It improves complexion, tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color of the skin. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds may heal more quickly, reducing scarring and even burns.
Heat Therapy for Weight Loss
As you relax in the "surround-sound" heat, being provided by the infrared wrap system, your body is actually hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood, and burning calories. According to The Journal of the American Medical Association, in a single infrared wrap session you may burn as many calories as you would rowing or jogging for 30 minutes. The heat that it creates will help increase a person's metabolism for the next 24 to 36 hours. So basically you burn calories not only during your wrap, but for at least a day to a day and a half afterwards!
Thermolipolysis occurs when the body, being heated from the inside out, is no longer able to cool itself through perspiration. It is in this state when the body is forced to spend it's stock of excess fat and water reserves. The increased thermolipolytic action of infrared works from the deep fat layers to the superficial tissue layers (dermis). The breakdown of fats into a more liquid form allows the secretion of excess bodily water, toxins, and fat as you perspire.
Health challenges below, have been reported in Japan and China as alleviated, reduced or eliminated by the use of Far Infrared Therapy:
Cancer, Leukemia, Prostate Cancer Asthma, Bronchitis, Sinus problems, Colds, Flu, Fever. Obesity. High Blood Pressure, Chronic Nephritis. Circulation problems - Body Odor. Rheumatism, Chilblains, Gout. Hemorrhoids and Piles. Swelling, Inflammation - Arthritis. Tendonitis, Tumors, Mastitis Back, Shoulder, Neck and Muscular Pains. Lumbago. Neuralgia and Abnormal Nerve Functions. Herpes, Paralysis, Sciatica.
Skin Elasticity and Texture. Chapping, Skin Aging, Wrinkles. Damaged, Burnt and Scarred Tissue Clogged Pores, Pimples, Acne Toxicity, Hepatitis, Cirrhosis, Cystitis, Uric Acid. Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers. Menstrual problems, PMS, Yeast problems, Menopause. Fungus, Viruses, Bacteria, Parasites. Migraine, Headaches, Nose Bleeds - Earache, Tinitus. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Raynaud's Disease. Diabetes Mellitus. Sports Injuries.
INFRARED SAUNA PRECAUTIONS & CONTRAINDICATIONS
Saunas & Medications
Individuals who are using prescription drugs should seek the advice of their personal physician or a pharmacist for possible changes in the drugs effect when the body is exposed to infrared waves or elevated body temperature. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitryptaline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent, heat stroke. Some over-the-counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.